The call for entries for the 9th Olhar de Cinema – Curitiba IFF is open until March 2th. To submit a film click in ‘my account’. It will open a new tab. You need to Login or create a new account in the Eventival and then submit your films. You can click here too.
RULES – OVERVIEW
- The 9th Olhar de Cinema – Curitiba International Film Festival is organized by the production company Grafo Audiovisual -ME. The Festival will take place in the city of Curitiba, from June 3 to 11, 2020.
- Entries for the festival are open to films of all types and genres. The selected movies will be screened in the following formats: DCP or ProRes 4:2:2.
- For the festival consideration: short film is up to 49′ and feature film is over 50′.
- Submitted films must be Brazilian premieres or have been screened publicly after April 1st 2019. In addition they must follow the rules below:
1. Non-Brazilian Feature Films: Only Brazilian premiere.
2. Brazilian and Non-Brazilian short films: Only Brazilian premiere, except films eligible for the Mirada Pananaense section.
3. Brazilian feature films: Preferably Brazilian premiere.
- We define premiere as having no prior public screening (commercial, movie theater, tv, websites, festivals, exhibitions, etc.) in Brazil.
- Non-premiere short and feature films may compose the non-competitive festival sections at the discretion of the Festival’s programming team.
- Applications must be sent by the filmmakers, producers or legal representatives of the films at the website olhardecinema.com.br through the Application Form (Eventival), between January 6 and March 2, 2020.
- The films must be sent exclusively by a private link and the password must be kept the same until May 5, 2020.
- All films must be submitted with subtitles in English or Portuguese when not spoken in Portuguese.
- For application purposes, the work-in-progress version of the film will be accepted.
- The screening copies must arrive at the festival until May 22, 2020 and remain until at least June 12, 2020.
- The festival is only responsible for the transport costs of the copies for the selected films, excluding any additional costs for customs or other taxes in the film’s country of origin.
- All official and partner awards bestowed by the festival may be found on our website under the menu The Festival -> Awards.
- The organization may include further awards resulting from new partnerships and this information will be made available on the festival’s official website.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The individual or legal entity enrolling a film hereby declares they are authorized to submit the film to screenings and understands and accepts these terms and regulations.
- The official selection will be announced to the public and press until May 5, 2020.
- The person responsible for the registration must indemnify and exempt Olhar de Cinema – Curitiba International Film Festival against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including, but not limited to attorney fees and court costs) that may occur by reason of complaints involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, exhibition, loss or damage to the enrolled selection videos.
- Situations unforeseen by this regulation will be analyzed by the organizing committee of the festival, being its decision final and absolute.
Curitiba | Paraná | Brazil
January 6, 2020